Monday, December 27 . 1:19 pm
Copied this directly from my note on fb...Just randomly thinking of how far choir has got me in my growing up years. I really can't imagine what if I had joined badminton over choir in primary three (2003)... I think my life would probably have been very different.
I was probably the youngest member and the first of my batch to join JPS choir, and I felt rather scared when I first attended my first practice. Choir seemed fun, and I was allocated to alto by Ms Jessy Oskar, the choir instructor then. I was later transferred to soprano one (I have no idea why too) and I felt rather unhappy to leave alto. Little did I know how soprano one suited me like honeydew and sago. Choir was really fun, and I was the soloist in the Chinese Folk Song Singing Competition, held in CTSS, which I never expected to land up in 4 years later. In pri 4, 5, and 6, more members of my batch joined choir. We sang and harmonised together, and attended syfs with much anticipation. 2 golds in 2004 and 2006, how proud we all were. Many of us continued our journey in choir as we entered a new phase of life - secondary school.
No need to think at all, my first choice will definitely have to be choir. CT chorale, a choir that has gone through many ups and downs in the years I've been in CT. Sec one was awesome; syf year, and the seniors were just fantastic people. I should have learnt to cherish 2007, for it was probably the best and most carefree out of all 4 years. Silver, still not too bad actually. Then in sec 2, that was the year when all my horrors began. Was appointed as sop one SL and pianist. All the SLs were in my batch, and we had to start leading when we were only still in lower sec. Gosh, how difficult those times were... Loads of uncertainty and mental breakdowns; and times when I just cried in front of the choir, who seemed nonchalent and just ridiculed our capabilities. Thank goodness for the seniors' support and encouragement, for I wouldn't know how I'd have survived those times. In sec 3, I was appointed as the choir VP; ok at least we're now in upper sec. Never did we know that we'd gotten ourselves a bronze for syf... I totally cried my lungs out on the way back to school heh. Not that we weren't putting effort in our songs, it's just that Ms Khor didn't focus on the basics but just simply performance etiquette and the more detailed things. That's why we failed horribly. That's when I told myself that no matter what, I want to enter a good jc choir and further develop my potential in music and singing. Mr Foong took us in sec 4 (2010) and perhaps there was a glimmer of hope. I'm really glad that now after my batch has stepped down, the choir is making good progress. I hope that the choir will do well and bring back hopefully a gold for syf next year. There's no denying though, that all the leadership roles assigned to me have helped boost my confidence and leadership skills.
My results ain't that fantastic, and due to my burning desire to regain those awesome long lost choir days, I decided maybe I should DSA then. Try AJ/SA/AC??? However I got a rude shock when I realised after some time that the dates of audition are all closed. Right I'll just try AJC then, since the choir's under Mr. Kwei. Dad called the school up and bragged a bit about my achievements, and alas! I could go down for an audition. Was really nervous and all, and prepared questions like crazy! That day only one other girl and guy auditioned. No questions asked, simply warm-ups. I thought I did fairly ok. Then ms lee (choir teacher ic) told me to go for an interview! Round one successful!! The questions that dad practiced with me mostly all came out, and I could answer confidently at ease. Thank goodness! Few days later my iPhone got some problem, and I was frustrated. Switched back to my old phone, and a message from ms lee told me that I've been offered a place in AJ. I screamed in the middle of the night lol!.
Am oh so glad that the choir's so much like a family, and so much more reputable than any other choir i've ever been in. Delighted to be a part of it. :)
Choir has enriched my life, and only people like me who's so passionate about choir can understand where I'm coming from.
Yay choir! xD
Once a choir girl, forever a choir girl.






